GUIDELINES FOR CONTRACTORS BUILDING IN GREENE ACRES
Besides complying with the Greene County building codes, this is a partial list of additional requirements in Greene Acres. All construction requirements can be found under “Disclosure Documents” at Greeneacresva.com.
1. All site clearing/development and building plans for homes, cabins, sheds, garages, additions, etc., must be submitted to the Environmental Control Committee (ECC) for approval prior to starting construction.
2. A surety bond shall be required to be posted by the contractor prior to construction, land clearing, or work beginning on any lot in the Subdivision, in an amount sufficient to guarantee compliance with all Covenants, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Association, but not less than $5,000.00 per lot.
3. The minimum square footage of new home construction is 1000 sq.ft.
4. There is a $1.00/sq.ft. (building) fee on each new residence.
5. No lot shall be cleared by more than fifty percent (50%) of its total area.
6. Debris from clearing of lots shall be buried or hauled away.
7. Majority of the weight of the dwelling must be structurally supported by the foundation along the outside perimeter of the house. The mass of the weight of the dwelling cannot be supported by piers, columns, etc.
8. Dwelling must have no less than a 7/12 pitch roof.
9. All dwellings must meet all other GAPOA, County, and State building codes/rules.
Copyright © 2018 Greene Acres Property Owners Association - All Rights Reserved.